Roger Shira graduated from Los Angeles Trade Technical College. He has taken additional engineering courses at the University of California at Los Angeles Extension. Roger is a charter member of the American Society of Plumbing Engineers (ASPE) and during the origination of the Society was instrumental in creating many of the details in the Plumbing Engineering Handbook.
Roger started with Hellman & Lober following graduation from LA Trade Technical College in 1962 and has been a consistent contributor to the improvement of plumbing engineering strategy paying attention to innovations in the industry. He continues to refine a variety of engineered-system standards, domestic hot water distribution systems, domestic water booster pump stations, and fire protection piping arrangements. Through his leadership, the plumbing engineering division has consistently provided the highest level of engineering quality to our clients.
Roger Shira directly manages the major projects in the office through construction phase services. His knowledge and experience is highly respected by our clients during the design phases and by the plumbing subcontractors constructing the projects.
Plumbing & Fire Protection
- Ojai Valley Inn & Spa Hotel – Ojai, CA
- Roosevelt Hotel (a Waldorf Astoria Collection) Renovation – New Orleans, LA
- Courtyard by Marriott and Hampton Inn & Suites Hotels – Santa Monica, CA
- Hyatt Hotel – Inchon, South Korea
- Hampton Inn and Homewood Suites Dual Hotel – Long Beach, California
- International Union of Operating Engineers Conference and Training Center – Crosby, Texas
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters International Training Center – Las Vegas, Nevada
- Beverly Terrace Housing – Los Angeles, CA
- Surf and Sand Resort (Design Development) – Laguna Beach, CA
- Marriott Residence Inn Hotel – Glendale, CA